Tuesday 12 October 2010

Intial plans for my magazine

Price: £2.90
Frequency of publication: monthly
Issue size: 156
Regular conent: monthly quizz page, competitions every month, free gift or special offer every month, readers comment/stories page    
Feature articles: exclusive interviews, exclusive posters

Using the results from the research I found I have made the following descisions for my music magazine. I decided the magazine i am going to create will be a pop music magazine and the target audience is teenagers from ages 13 to 18 this is because i found that the common age of people who bought pop magazines were young teenagers. I also found that people of the age 13 and above listen to pop music more than any other age group to I chose this as my target audience.

The price of my magazine will be £2.90 because that is an average price from the magazines that I researched. The magazine will be published monthly because all of the magazines I researched were published monthly.

The issue size will be roughly 156 every issue because I found from my research that was a common number of pages in magazine.

The regular content will be a monthly quizz page because I found from my research that most magazines have quizzes and especially pop music magazines. My magazine will contain competitions every month because this makes readers want to buy the magazine. It will have a free gift or special offer every month to draw readers in. This will be a major selling point of my magazine because it attracts the target audience. There will be a page where readers comments of the magazine will be layed out and contact information were they can send their comments in. Similary there will be a story page were readers also send in their own stories.

The feature articles will be exclusive interviews with pop stars because using exclusive and having exclusive interviews with stars makes people want to read it because there will be an article about their favorite star. There will be exclusive posters which will only appear in that magazine of various stars to attract the target audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment